As organisations react to their customers needs to increase or decrease their supply chain to meet specific supply levels, their asset or equipment uptime and availability must align to these demand schedules. Increased asset availability and greater asset reliability provide a basis for improving service delivery and growing more revenue from the same asset base.
Organisations are now waking up to the importance of asset management and maintenance and the strategic importance they have on a company’s financial performance more and more we are seeing a move towards whole life planning, life cycle costing, planned and proactive maintenance and other industry best practices, rather than the more traditional reactive run to failure.
Physical asset management within OEM and OE companies is much more than just maintenance it will become the real differentiator in a product marketplace, the companies who fully understand this and have tools and processes to support their customers operations and link availability to output requirements will have a big competitive advantage. Enterprise Asset Management focuses on the interdependencies across the organisation and goes way beyond maintenance management, now has a standard the British Standards specification PAS55, which allows organisation’s to manage their physical assets. Where we can help you:
- Collect, consolidate and analyse essential information on all types of assets
- Improve operations through better asset availability, reliability and asset utilisation
- Extend the useful life of all assets or equipment, improve return on investment and defer new purchases
- Unify processes for wide-ranging asset management functions across multiple sites
- Significantly extend the value of assets and increase flexibility
Typical project benefits, achievable within Asset Maintenance:
- Improve return on assets
- Document and manage regulatory compliance efforts
- Improve visibility, control and automation of asset and business service processes
- Decrease costs and risk
- Increase asset service delivery responsiveness and revenue
- Increase productivity
- Lower the total cost of ownership